Cambodia is one of popular tourist destinations in Southeast Asia, captivating the huge number of visitors all around the world thanks to its ancient relics such as the Angkor Wat or Angkor Thom relics; The Tonle Sap Lake and the Mekong; beautiful beaches and islands like Sihanoukville, Koh Rong and Koh Thmei. Travelling Cambodian is a great experience for Buddhists who like to explore the ruins of the past as well as those who love the wild beauty of nature.
Banlung town is the capital of Ratanakiri province in eastern Cambodia. This is a pristine land with vast forest and inhabited by Cambodian ethnic minorities. Therefore, to Banlung you will experience a quite different from the popular tourist attractions of Cambodia. Some of Banlung’s famous landmarks are Yeak Laom Volcanic Lake, Wat Rahtanharahm, Chaong Waterfall (you can walk behind the falls due to the eroded rock) and Virachey National Park. Banlung is also home to many rubber plants and quarries. You can ask hotel staff about the exploration mines tour.
It is the capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia, one of the most important destinations of Cambodian tourism. Coming to Phnom Penh, can not miss the famous sites and monuments:
- The Royal Palace of Cambodia with its two Silver Pagodas and the Cham Bao Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Cambodia.
- Wat Phnom
- National Museum of Cambodia
- Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (prison S-21)
- The death of Choeung Ek in the Khmer Rouge regime has killed many innocent people
- Wat Botum where Pol Pot lived during his childhood
- Independence Memorial and Liberation Memorial
- The Olympic Stadium, which was supposed to host the 1960s Asian Games but was canceled due to the political situation at the time.
The famous evening entertainment area in Phnom Penh is the Sisowath Quay, with many bars, cafes, shops, like the Western Quarter in Saigon. For Cambodian tourists who prefer branded clothing, the Russian Market Russian Market is a must visit destination in Cambodia. Phnom Penh is home to a large number of garment manufacturers such as Levis, CK, Ralph Lauren, and others.